Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A case in presence.


There is much to be an observer while living in the Jungle in Newark. You tend to see people come, you tend to see people go. Frequently. There are some people that tend to leave more of a crater upon impact. Those tend to be the fast ones that come to the Jungle and they also tend to be the fast ones to go. An enigma that I have seen within the last six months has now departed. There are rumors of his return in weeks, or months, or simply who knows? He had a most peculiar sense of reality that I found quite simply enjoyable. The passive yet spastic insanity that was the delight or horror, of Mike's day would, or would not, besiege him with countless tasks and obligations yet to be fulfilled. On the other hand he lived a life of leisure in which all of us enjoyed the fruits of our labor shared willingly with one-another. As I will tell you, I learned of his departure today.

All he left was his mug, a favorite one according to Rain, a light up wall decoration, an office chair and other small miscellanea.

Farewell my friend until I see you again.

Just remember who you are when the late night beckons.



Ominous moon, Graphite 8.5" x 10"

No comments: