
The three images combined here are line drawings done with pen scanned and manipulated in illustrator. The image on the top is in fact the same image just flipped and distorted. The piece was meant to place great emphasis on the negative space between the apparent spitting ocean and raining clouds. Altogether they create a vast infinite amount of space with three layers, clouds, sky and sea.

3 comments:
majestic
this is awesome.
I really enjoy the concept of this landscape. The organic forms are very aesthetically pleasing and I think the negative space definitely helps balance out the condensed, repetitive lines. I don't think I would be able to understand what this image is supposed to represent if I had not seen the description. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I appreciated the image much more after learning the concept behind it.
Post a Comment