The bumble bee is widely used in agriculture as a very effective pollinator. They are able to pollinate species of plants that other pollinators cannot. You should be aware of the decrease of the bumble bee population due to destruction of habitats, pesticides, and some causes are unknown. "Bee Aware" came into fruition once I received a call from my property manager threatening me with a $100 fine if I didn't cut the grass. For many lawns in America, there a wide variety of plant and insect species that are crucial to the preservation of the soil, cutting those out creates an inhabitable space.
I did cut the grass but only enough to highlight the biodiversity that I find to be utterly beautiful. The triangle represents the "yield" sign, something most everyone can subconsciously recognize. The piece is rather large as you can see by the picture but, highlights the presence of this genetic diversity that exists in the lawn. The point is to illustrate the natural beauty of weeds and other small wild grasses, as well as what inhabits them.

2 comments:
Overgrowth seems like planetary hygiene to me. It looks like those triangles are the last islands of beauty in the lawn. I bet they grew after all this rain...
I dont know where the images are of your digiscape thing, but I just had a sudden thought that maybe you're image is about your new haircut!
DIGIHAIRSCAPE!
Post a Comment